Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Can you spell HOT?!















Record breaking 101 degrees here in Western WA. Pfew!!! I thought I would get a quick pic of the kids in the pool. Josiah 14, Hope 6, Elianah 3 and Jaryn 14 mo.

Yesterday I spend a couple hours picking beans, snapping them and making dilly beans mmmm. It was VERY hot though but I accomplished about 10 jars of them so far. Today well... its just too hot to can anymore. Hopefully the beans I picked will live a little longer so as not to go to waste.
















There is an issue that is important to me that I would like to bring up. It has the potential to negatively impact small farms and local food sources.
It is a vital important issue if you want to keep food local and safe, especially for our children. I have a small hobby farm and it could effect that as well.
Please consider looking at this issue.
http://hartkeisonline.com/2009/07/29/if-you-care-about-local-food-call-congress-now/

Please consider taking the time to call your representatives and vote no for HR2749.

Stay cool!!!

Sorry about the pics. I can't figure out how to line them up properly. GERG!!! and Jaryn is demanding me to get of the computer. :O)

1 comment:

FarmSchooler said...

You dont have to CAN your beans. Ferment them.

Dona
Christian wife and 19th year WWOL homeschool mom of 6 in Oklahoma

HomeGrown Raw
http://homegrownraw.ning.com/