Monday, May 26, 2008

The Seventh Blessing

Jaryn Wesley
(Pro. Jair-in)


Born May 12th at 7:59AM
7 lbs 6 oz

Ellie, of course, was thrilled with the fact she got to hold him. She didn't want to give him back!
Though when we where in the hospital, I asked her if she wanted to bring her baby brother home. She looked at me and shook her head, "No." she said. But now she wants to hold him 24/7. She's going to be a good big sister :).

We were scheduled to have a csection on May 15th at 7:00 a.m. in the morning however God had different plans.
Paul went to his mom and dads in Ellensburg on Mother's day the 11th.
He took all kids but Eli. It was a chance to bond with Eli one last time by ourselves before baby came.
I was planning on doing laundry and getting the house in order and packing for the hospital that day. I had a cold and didn't feel the greatest and kept getting contractions so I laid low the rest of the day. Didn't get a thing done.
Well Paul finally got home that night around 8:30 pm. We put the kids to bed and Paul went to bed as he had to work the next day. At 2:00 a.m I heard a "POP" and water flowing. My water broke. I flew out of bed and told Paul my water had broken. I was shivering so hard I couldn't stop, I think part was that I was cold and the other part was I was in a bit of a panic. One because they said Jaryn was going to be only 5 lbs 10 ounces at birth and I was going early. I wasn't due until the 25th of May. And two because I had placenta previa and was scared of that as well.
Paul just kept asking "what do we do?" I called the hospital to let them know I was coming in.
The bad thing is is that I didn't pack for the hospital and to top it off I had no clean clothes since I didn't do the laundry the day before. Sooooo we were scrounging around the house looking for something to wear.
Anyway we got to the hospital and my doctor was still officially on his vacation until 6 a.m. that morning. When I got to the hospital they asked if I wanted a section now or later on that day.
I waited until my doctor was back.
The section went really well except for the fact that I had to have 4 tries at IV inserted in my veins. They kept collapsing. It is 3 weeks later and I still have 2 huge bruises on my arms.
So Jaryn officially was born at 7:59 a.m. and a whopping 7 lbs 6 ounces 13 days early, 2 lbs heavier then predicted by ultrasound yet smaller then all my other ones. Probably the low sugar diet I went on. I was soooo thankful that he was big and goes to show you medical equipment is not always reliable. Welcome to my little boy. Another pride and joy of our lives.


No comments: